We got out of the hospital in time to have a "Secret Agent Party" at BounceU for Biscuit who turned 5 (yes, FIVE!) ...
- Biscuit got a new puppy from mom and dad for his special day (the first "real" pet in our family besides fish and hermit crabs)...She's a cockapoo, and he named her Morgan Jolly (yes, we need a little "Jolly" around here!) She is quite a smarty -- she's learned to sit, stay, lay down, roll over and is potty trained by her bell which she rings to go out. Now...if anyone has suggestions to how to teach her how to contain herself when a stranger pets her or comes in, and not piddle on the floor, that would be great! :)
- A great visit from blog buddy Sam and fam! (Thanks again for stopping by!!) :D
- Downtime between therapy and other daily adventures (they both love Roku, and each other)!
- plenty of Pump It Up, water play and Little Gym for Micah...
- Mason's ear tubes take two, and GI scope (showed bleeding and gastritis but no explanation)
- Mason was seen by a new orthopedic dr. We found out some sad news from the x-rays - that he has developmental hip dysplasia :( Pray that it doesn't get worse. The dr expects him to need major surgery within a couple years because it has gone from normal to almost critical in only a year's time. The surgery involves recovering for months in a full body (chest to toes) spica cast so please pray he can somehow avoid this. :( He was also casted for AFOs to help give him leg/ankle support, which we are still waiting to pick up.
- Equipment demos ...(trying out some pediatric wheelchairs like the KidKart...
and Kimba Spring with Squiggles Seat (this is our fave now) ,
and the KidWalk (for gait training/mobility...) . He can't really "walk" in it yet..but he is tolerating it well and starting to learn how to move it backwards or forwards and claps when he is able to do it!
- Biscuit's first day of Kindergarten (I'll spare you the picture of his hugely swollen arm after his shots, poor guy!). He is LOVING his school and friends and classes and doing great!!...can't believe he's so big!! :)
- Awesome visits with family and trips to fun spots like city museum and the museum of transportation...
- Mason's Second Birthday!
He got a new hammock swing (his baby swing is way outgrown), a singing/dancing toy puppy, tooting tug boat, tummy time pillow, Little Einsteins piano and helicopter, a lightbox and water beads, wiggly giggler, ocean wave drum, and a very realistic cow noisemaker along w/ clothes and lots of other fun sensory goodies!
On the horizon...
The National Institutes of Health trip has been set for fall...still waiting for more details but both boys have been asked to come and take part in the testing.
In the meantime, Mason has battled tummy and sinus issues all summer (and therefore sleep is not easy to come by). That is a big prayer request right now...that we will figure out how to best keep him comfortable and free of infections without having to constantly keep him on Biaxin and that we can get some much needed sleep for a good long stretch! :)